Website Gympie Council
Council is seeking a trade qualified and experienced Plumber/Drainer to join our Water and Sewerage Network section of our Infrastructure Services Directorate. We are looking for a team leader as well as a team player, who is inclusive in their approach and willing to mentor and coach others. Performing the tasks of a responsible licenced tradesperson will be a key element of this role, which will require a person who has pride in their workmanship, who recognises the importance of compliance, and who can display resilience and professionalism that facilitates excellent customer service.
- Pompleting plumbing related tasks in a safe and competent manner that delivers Council’s programmed and reactive works.
- Performing the tasks of a responsible licenced tradesperson including the lodging of all relevant forms for notifiable work.
- Working with multi-disciplined teams on various Council capital works projects.
- Planning and organising complex work under remote supervision.
- Backflow prevention certification.
- Certificate III in Water Industry Operations
- Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) – Level 2
- A current Plumber/Drainer Licence.
- A QLD ‘C’ Class drivers licence
- Construction Industry White/Blue card.
- Traffic Management Implementation
- Leadership skill and mentoring abilities
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience within a water industry environment and in undertaking plumbing and draining related tasks
- Demonstrated experience in planning and organising plumbing and draining related work under remote supervision
- Communication skill and experience in maintaining team harmony and fostering good working relationships both internally and with external customers.
Company: Gympie Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gympie, Queensland, AU
Application Deadline: N/A