Website Waverley Council
An early childhood teacher with a degree in early childhood or equivalent who is an enthusiastic and reliable professional with demonstrated experience in providing high quality care and education for children up to 5 years including those with additional needs.
- To provide high quality education and care to children up to 5 years. Facilitating effective teamwork and demonstrate an ability to support and mentor others towards continuous improvement.
- To follow through with recommendations of the Family Support Worker or Service Director for individual children as well as children and Families with additional needs.
- To develop and implement open and positive communication with parents and caregivers showing tact, respect and diplomacy and liaise with them regarding their child’s progress and other issues as they arise.
- To interact positively with and have respect for the children in the service.
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children and families at all times.
- To engage, stimulate and extend children’s interest in the program.
- To evaluate and reflect on current work practices.
- Ensure appropriate standards of personal presentation are maintained.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education with substantial experience, or equivalent, as approved by ACECQA.
- Eligible for employment under the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 and the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013.
- Ability to engage, lead and inspire others to achieve outcomes for the benefit of the organisation and community Excellent knowledge of child development
- Demonstrate teaching experience of providing high quality care and education for children up to the age of 5 years including babies, and working with additional needs.
- Demonstrated familiarity and strong commitment to the National Quality Framework with the Early Learning Framework.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement a holistic program taking into account the child’s physical, language, social, emotional and cognitive needs.
- Knowledge and awareness of current programming theories and children services issues
- Ability to research, analyse and make recommendations towards continuous improvement of the service
Company: Waverley Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Waverley, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A