Website Waverley Council
The purpose of this role is to manage and execute Council’s capital works projects efficiently and effectively with respect to cost, time, quality and risk. This includes communicating effectively with key stakeholders and ensuring projects achieve agreed corporate goals.
- Inputting to monthly capital works reporting and quarterly to the Council budget review.
- Coordinating regular meetings of the Project Control Group for projects and ensure relevant members are consulted regularly in the projects planning and delivery.
- Preparing, monitoring and maintaining satisfactory progress against the approved schedule of projects.
- Implementing a quality control system to achieve the required standards.
- Develop and deliver projects by providing a complete project management service; coordination, timeliness, adherence to mandatory industry requirements, adherence to Council’s Project Management Guidelines, continuous improvement and consistency.
- Engaging and consulting with the community on projects and priority issues and advising on issues being raised.
- Managing the preparation of responses to complex correspondence and submissions to community consultations.
- Establishing and confirming the agreed scope of works for each project within the Capital Works Plan.
- Managing project budgets and cash flows in accordance with Council’s Project Management Guidelines.
- Implementing processes and procedures to facilitate the delivery of procurement, tendering and contract management services.
- Establishing and maintaining open and cooperative relationships between all contacts
- Tertiary qualification in Project Management, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or similar related area.
- Demonstrated project management experience in the planning and delivery of capital works in the public and/or private sectors.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading groups of multi-disciplinary professionals in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated experience in design and construction stage procurement and contract administration. Commitment, experience and knowledge in improving the environmental performance of projects
- Well-developed interpersonal, negotiation, advocacy and consultation skills with a strong customer focus
Company: Waverley Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Waverley, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A