Website Waverley Council
This role will contribute to the development and delivery of engaging and innovative digital library programs and services and assist in the provision of effective and efficient library services to meet the educational, informational, cultural and recreational needs of the community. This includes
performing a range of library tasks including supporting and assisting in the effective operation of the Library’s adult lending, children’s and reference and information services as appropriate.
- Provide high level customer service across all of the Library’s service points, including Adult Lending, Reference, Circulation and Children’s.
- Provide research and recommendations of tools and documents in answer to Reference and Readers Advisory enquiries, including the use of a range of databases and other sources to obtain and locate information and bibliographic data.
- Assisting and instructing customers in the use of the library resources and facilities including computer and audiovisual equipment, software and systems.
- Planning and delivery of high quality, technology focused library services.
- Coordinate the logistics of the delivery of digital literacy programs and projects to enhance community digital literacy skills.
- Champion new and emerging technologies to inspire and educate the community.
- Develop skills to troubleshoot and report on LMS and PC systems issues.
- Participating in planning regular Library programming including the implementation of events and activities.
- Proven ability to identify new technologies and digital opportunities that benefit libraries in service
- delivery and programming.
- Ability to develop and implement programs and services for the community
- Degree in Library/Information Science or eligible for membership of Australian Library and Information
- Association as Library Technician or Librarian or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge in delivering Reader Advisory, Reference and Children’s Library Services
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Comprehensive digital literacy knowledge and skills including the ability to work with contemporary
- platforms and apply emerging technologies.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
Company: Waverley Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Waverley, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A