The Rural City of Wangaratta prides itself on being a community that is connected, sustainable and contemporary. We provide our community with diverse opportunities to participate in the arts, sport and recreation, and in cultural events and programs to bring them together to connect and celebrate the great place in which we live. In this context we have a vision tobuild the best sports, aquatics and events precinct in regional Victoria – bringing significant social, recreational, health and economic benefits to our community. Our staff enjoy the regional lifestyle and the benefits of a community situated within a gourmet food and wine region, with a wide range of outdoor adventure activities, and serviced by excellent education and health facilities. We live in a place where good things grow.
- Ensure the safe delivery of learn to swim programming in accordance with the Rural City of Wangaratta and LSV’s Swim and Survive policy and procedure.
- Maintain accurate and relevant attendance, teaching and competency records via digital portal.
- Participate in regular assessment of students and ensure appropriate recording of competencies.
- Communicate effectively to ensure that program information is available to those who require it.
- Attend relevant workshops, staff meetings and evacuation training sessions as scheduled.
- Follow all policies and procedures relating to the prompt resolution or reporting of any incidents, accidents, or perceived hazards to support the effective operation of the centre.
- Maintain a safe and pleasant environment for members and guests and other staff
- Ability to maintain alertness and focus across the shift period.
- Ability to routinely utilise appropriate manual handling techniques and demonstrate awareness of lifting limitations.
- Capacity to lift items unspecified in weight within individual limits.
- Capacity to undertake Aquatic Education Instructor duties, being in water for periods of between 3-5 hours with frequent movement.
- Capacity to walk up and down stairs frequently.
- Capacity to meet the physical requirements of the GSPO fitness test for Aquatic Education Instructors
Qualification & Experience:
- Conduct duties in a professional manner in line with policies and procedures and the LSV Swim & Survive framework.
- Skills in class management, behaviour guidance and managing groups of children and adults of various ages and swimming abilities.
- Ability to assess and determine competency of swimmers and record details.
- Strong communication skills and focus on guardian/parent communication of student progress.
- Solve minor problems and handle complaints in a fair and equitable manner
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A