We are an inclusive, courageous and compassionate community, who have built our future on a respectful balance between the urban and the rural. We are known for our natural beauty, access to opportunities and innovation, our resilience, and our community strength. We have a mature and healthy landscape that supports our wellbeing and forms a strong part of our identity. We are the place where everyone has the ability to engage, to prosper, to be supported, and to grow.
- Facilitate council’s outgoing grants program for community organisations to ensure they are supported and grow and to assist in achieving the objectives of the council plan. Provide an excellent customer experience through this process, overseeing the program from yearly program review to project acquittals.
- Facilitate council’s funding sponsorships for community organisations, overseeing the funding sponsorship process from program development to project acquittals.
- Support community groups and Council’s Community Asset Committees in developing their organisational capacity and capability through the provision of services such as advice around reporting, developing internal and external grant applications and the facilitation of training.
- Assist the Community & Recreation team deliver health and wellbeing projects as required.
- Capacity to undertake office-based activities including sitting at a desk and using a computer for extended periods.
- Capacity to work in an outdoor environment for varying periods of time.
- Capacity to, on occasion, lift items unspecified in weight within individual limits.
- Capacity to drive a motor vehicle, or reliable access to transportation
- Well developed knowledge and understanding of community issues and policy.
- Knowledge and experience of community development, including capacity to develop community networks and relationships to achieve common goals.
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements and operations of government agencies, including Local Government’s role in planning and the provision of recreational services and facilities.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia,
Application Deadline: N/A