The Rural City of Wangaratta prides itself on being a community that is connected, sustainable and contemporary. We provide our community with diverse opportunities to participate in the arts, sport and recreation, and in cultural events and programs to bring them together to connect and celebrate the great place in which we live. In this context we have a vision to build the best sports, aquatics and events precinct in regional Victoria – bringing significant social, recreational, health and economic benefits to our community.
- Undertake on the job and classroom-based learning and apply learned knowledge while assisting with the horticulture team in parks, gardens, and urban landscapes.
- Work cooperatively with other staff in meeting the work requirements.
- Undertake and complete training requirements of traineeship within the allocated time frames.
- Perform routine minor repairs, daily pre-start checks and operator maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications. Report maintenance and service requirements to the supervisor.
- Respond to customer requests in a timely and efficient manner and ensure work details are recorded. Maintain accurate work diary records, complete time sheets and plant records.
- Read, understand and apply relevant standard operating procedures and safe work method statements as part of undertaking all work tasks.
- Capacity to, on occasion, lift items unspecified in weight within individual limits.
- Capacity to drive plant and equipment for extended periods.
- Capacity to work in an outdoor environment for extended periods of time.
- Capacity to undertake manual labour such as shovelling, digging, pruning, lifting, weeding, planting, operating powered maintenance tools and other associated gardening tasks
Qualification & Experience:
- Basic horticultural and environmental knowledge and experience that can be applied in maintenance of parks, gardens and urban landscapes.
- Minimum completion of Year 11.
- Current driver’s licence
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A