The successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with members of the Senior Executive, DVA staff and the Minister’s Office while being across and involved in whole-of-Government policy decisions and programmes and work closely with member. The CLO role provides the opportunity to raise your professional profile not only within DVA, but other government departments and agencies, by working closely with the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet as well as the greater Cabinet Liaison Network. The ideal applicant should have a proven attention to detail as well as being able to demonstrate their strong coordination skills and excellent stakeholder engagement. We are looking for a team player who will provide a mentoring role within the section.
- Facilitate and coordinate the circulation of Cabinet documents to relevant line areas for action and response;
- Provide timely advice and support to Departmental officers and senior managers on processes, preparation and timings of Cabinet documents, responses and briefing material;
- Liaise and negotiate with other government agencies and departments;
- Liaise and negotiate with the our Minister’s Office; and
- Day-to-day handling of the Portfolio’s Cabinet business;
- Manage the department’s Cabinet documents and information via CabNet+;
- Coordinate regular reporting processes.
- Perform other duties as required across the Parliamentary and Governance branch.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A