Website City of Unley
The Transport Engineer will work with the Transport Team to continue delivering a safe and efficient transport network for the City of Unley’s community. This includes pedestrians, bike riders, public transport and motorists, as well as providing balanced parking solutions to better manage existing resources. As part of the City Design Team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with a range of planners, designers and other specialists, to help shape the city and build stronger, sustainable communities.
- Negotiate and liaise with officers of the Department for Infrastructure and Transport (DIT), other Councils and transport engineering consultancies.
- Prepare Traffic Impact Statements.
- Respond effectively and efficiently to customer requests, investigate and research complaints and issues relating to traffic, parking, bicycle, pedestrian, road events and other related matters.
- Manage and respond effectively and efficiently to project and development related requests.
- Manage innovative contemporary traffic design projects to support a range of development, streetscape and traffic management projects as required.
- Assist in the review of outdoor dining proposals regarding risk assessments.
- Undertake analysis and review of traffic data – volume, speed, classification, crash history and parking surveys.
- Undertake Development Application Assessments from a transport and parking perspective for medium to high density development proposals.
- Inform relevant transport, parking and traffic policies and procedures, work practices and guidelines as required.
- Manage review of larger local events and implementation in accordance with
- Knowledge of services and functions of Local Government.
- Demonstrated commitment and experience in conducting community consultation, representing Council at stakeholder meetings and dealing
with community, business and other interest groups with good analytical and negotiation skills to resolve local community issues.
- Previous experience providing specialist traffic and transportation advice across multi-disciplinary team and various departments within a local
- Understanding and interpretation of the DTI Code of Technical
Requirements and Pavement Marking Manual.
- Understanding and interpretation of the relevant Australian Standards.
- Understanding of the Austroads Guidelines.
- User level competency in Microsoft Office.
Company: City of Unley
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Unley Park, South Australia, AU
Application Deadline: N/A