The Admissions Officer works under the general direction of the Admissions Coordinator within the Admissions Unit based on the ANU Acton Campus and is accountable for ensuring that admissions policies and procedures are applied consistently with accuracy; communication and processes are undertaken in a timely manner; and high standard of professionalism is maintained.
- Support a service improvement culture, working collaboratively to consult and gather information, identify solutions and undertake tasks to achieve identified objectives.
- Comply with all ANU policies and procedures and School governance and regulatory compliance, in particular those relating to work health and safety, equal opportunity, code of conduct and sustainable work practices.
- Undertake other duties as required from time to time consistent with the classification level of the position and in line with the principles of multi-skilling.
- Actively contribute to student recruitment and engagement events and activities to promote the teaching, research and engagement of the School and University.
- As a multi campus School all staff are required to hold a valid driver’s license.
- Some out of hours work is required
- Comply with all ANU policies and procedures, and in particular those relating to work health and safety and equal opportunity
- Sound knowledge of administrative practices, including the ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Demonstrated high level customer service and effective communication skills with an ability to consult and liaise effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in a culturally diverse environment whilst maintaining a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Proven organisational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to prioritise own workload and to work effectively both independently and as part of a team, meeting competing deadlines and delivering high quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience using a large enterprise system including the ability to generate complex reports and demonstrated skills using the Microsoft Office suite, in particular Excel.
- Relevant qualification and demonstrated experience in an administrative role in a complex environment or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/ training.
- A demonstrated understanding of equal opportunity principles and policies and a commitment to their application in a
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A