Website Tweed Shire Council
As Engineer – Developments, your skills and expertise will be utilised to provide civil engineering judgement to assess and determine various forms of urban development related to water supply and wastewater, in accordance with Council’s adopted policies and good engineering practices. This role provides engineering and technical advice to internal service providers and the development industry in relation to water supply and wastewater system operations, networks, extensions, modifications, upgrades, connections and charges to meet the minimum development requirements adopted by Tweed Shire Council.
- Requires knowledge of water supply and wastewater engineering aspects of subdivision development
- Communications with developers and their consultants and contractors, members of the public, and internal stakeholders
- Requires a high level of time management skills to deliver multiple sized tasks/projects simultaneously
- Provides specialised civil engineering judgement to the assessment and determination of water supply and wastewater aspects of development in accordance with current Councils adopted LEP, DCP’s, Development Design and Construction Specifications and Australian Standards
- Part of the Water and Wastewater – Business and Assets Unit
- Provide analytical assessment of development applications in respect of water supply and wastewater services
- Determines required development consent conditions
- Opportunities to attend construction site inspections and meetings.
- Well-developed ability to communicate in written and spoken English including the ability to draft reports, technical memos, emails and letters to a high standard.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) eligible for National Engineers Register (NER).
- Current Vehicle Licence – Car.
- Demonstrated experience in water and wastewater infrastructure planning and design.
- Demonstrated well developed research, analysis, creative problem solving and skills.
- Demonstrated competence in assessment of engineering design in a development context.
- Demonstrated competent negotiation skills.
Company: Tweed Shire Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tweed Heads, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A