Website Townsville City Council
This position is responsible for supporting Infrastructure and Operations in the annual delivery of capital projects and programmed maintenance activities through the efficient coordination of plant and personnel, ensuring the delivery of assigned planned construction and maintenance activities in accordance with the set work procedures and quality systems relevant to the associated section of Council. You will provide immediate supervision and direction to a work crew and be part of a team responsible for the operation and maintenance of the wastewater distribution and reticulation network. Although the role is primarily driving the Vac Truck you will be required to assist wastewater crews as a Wastewater Maintenance Worker when vac truck is not in use.
- Ability to receive immunisation against Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B as provided through Council.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and communication skills with experience supervising crew members and the ability to work in a team and independently.
- Confined Space Entry Ticket and a good working knowledge of confined space procedures.
- Current unrestricted Queensland manual operation “HR” class driver’s licence.
- Demonstrated high level of knowledge of Council’s Workplace Health and Safety, Quality Assurance and Environmental
- Management policies legislative requirements and standards associated with the operation of the vac truck and other applicable Council plant and equipment.
- Well-developed time management skills including the ability to prioritise tasks in line with customer requirements.
- White Card (Construction Industry) General Safety Induction
- Competency in High-pressure Water Jetting System Operator and Vacuum Loading System.
Company: Townsville City Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Townsville, Queensland, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A