Website Townsville City Council
Our Park Open Space and Environment team care for and beautify our parks, streetscapes and gardens. Our team undertake a wide range of horticultural maintenance activities, like brush cutting, hedging, edging, mowing, spraying, gardening, mulching and litter removal. Our city wouldn’t run without this team of front-line champions, who are critical in ensuring our parks and gardens are presented to a high standard, safe for our community to enjoy.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that all horticulture maintenance works are carried out in a safe, timely, efficient and effective manner, whilst projecting and promoting a professional and customer facing image and adhering to the values of Townsville City Council as efficient and courteous.
- Knowledge of work procedures associated with the basic maintenance and deployment of construction and maintenance equipment/ plant.
- Knowledge of the Workplace Health & Safety Act, Advisory Standards, industry Codes of Practice and all other associated legislation and guidelines relevant to the position.
- First Aid Certificate (desirable).
- Knowledge of operational procedures applicable to construction and maintenance ideally for council infrastructure assets.
- Queensland Government Traffic Controller Accreditation for Traffic Management Implementation (TMI), or the ability to attain.
- Accredited Chainsaw Ticket (Level 2).
- Certificate associated with the successful completion of the Safe Working Near Live Exposed Parts training course, or ability to attain.
- Current unrestricted Queensland “C” class manual licence (essential).
- Current unrestricted Queensland “MR” class licence or the ability to attain (desirable)
- Construction Safety (White Card) (30215 QLD – Course in General Safety Induction for the Construction Industry) or ability to attain.
- Certificate II in Arboriculture and/or Certificate II in Horticulture, or the ability to attain.
- Plant Operators Certificates of Competency for the types and classes of plant utilised in this position (desirable).
- Ability to safely operate a range of light plant, machinery and equipment associated with maintenance and construction
- projects within a rural and urban environ
- Agricultural Chemical Distribution Certificate (ACDC).
Company: Townsville City Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Townsville, Queensland, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A