Website Townsville City Council
Take advantage of this excellent opportunity to be based on Magnetic Island everyday. This position will undertake general labouring and other duties across a range of infrastructure maintenance works. The Park and Open Space Team provides delivery of maintenance activities related to Townsville’s existing public infrastructure within parks, open spaces, including cemeteries; these areas provide a range of services including recreational and cultural activities for both residents and visitors across the Townsville Region.
- Current unrestricted Queensland “C” class manual driver’s licence (essential).
- Current unrestricted Queensland “MR” class licence or the ability to attain (desirable)
- Plant Operators Certificates of Competency for the types and classes of plant utilised in this position (desirable).
- Construction Safety (White Card) (30215 QLD – Course in General Safety Induction for the Construction Industry) or ability to attain.
- Queensland Government Traffic Controller Accreditation for Traffic Management Implementation (TMI), or the ability to attain.
- First Aid Certificate (desirable).
- Certificate II in Arboriculture and/or Certificate II in Horticulture, or the ability to attain.
- Certificate associated with the successful completion of the Safe Working Near Live Exposed Parts training course, or ability to attain.
- Child Suitability (Blue Card), or ability to attain (role specific only, not required for all roles).
- Accredited Chainsaw Ticket (Level 2).
Company: Townsville City Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Townsville, Queensland, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A