Website Hills Shire Council
This position will see you undertake a range of duties associated with the collection of waste and cleansing of Council’s public spaces and facilities. This position will require you to work early morning shifts and weekend work (on a roster basis).
- Operate Council’s waste truck, plant and equipment including specialised cleaning equipment.
- Report any vandalism and malfunction of fixtures, fittings and services.
- Use of Council’s electronic work systems.
- Complete work on time and to a high standard.
- Carry out waste collection and cleansing of Council’s CBD areas, station sites, carparks, footpaths, public amenities, bus shelters, street and park furniture and any other public areas as required.
- Remove and dispose of general litter, orphan waste, hazardous objects, dead animals and asbestos.
- Removal of graffiti and foreign substances from surfaces as directed by supervisor/coordinator.
- Carry out high pressure water cleaning of infrastructure.
- Maintain work vehicles and all equipment in a clean and hygienic condition.
- Monitor stock of cleaning and consumable products to ensure continued operation of Council’s sites.
- Communication and ability to interpret and follow cleansing schedules.
- Drivers Licence (Class MR) – NSW – Or willingness to obtain
- White Card – General Construction Induction
- Minimum 1 year in a similar role
- Proven experience in waste collection, knowledge and methods and procedures including high pressure cleaning.
- Chemical Safety Awareness.
- Local knowledge of The Hills Shire area desirable.
Company: Hills Shire Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: The Hills Shire, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A