As a Security Engineering Senior Engineer, you will provide specialist design, development and deployment of security platforms and solutions for Telstra within Network Security Infrastructure team.
The role will be part of a highly skilled, virtual group of technical resources to deliver solutions and platforms used to protect Telstra’s Corporate network and increase the overall Security posture of Telstra, while supporting all aspects of the Cyber Security business with leading edge, workable and cost effective technology advice and solutions to the business.
- Solution design and traceability – Translate complex domain and solution architectures into platform specific requirements and designs.
- Translate and/or map business requirements to capabilities.
- Manage stakeholders – Manage expectations of key business stakeholders (including internal and external customers), drive change, and negotiate successful outcomes within complex environments.
- Provide subject matter expertise – Provide the technology team with knowledge of complex end-to-end systems and processes for a business initiative on an as-needed basis.
- Provide a single point design authority for the life cycle of nominated systems.
- Solution implementation – Deliver quality end-to-end systems that meet the user needs (e.g. operational requirements, cost and schedule constraints, performance requirements, training needs, support).
- Work with delivery partners to integrate multiple technologies, platforms, and business processes to ensure the delivery of the end-to-end solution.
- Manage integration and resolve issues related to inter-working between components.
- Align systems with product and technology strategy – Understand product and technology roadmaps and assist in developing solutions that both align with the roadmaps and leverage opportunities from evolving and future technologies.
- Expert level understanding of Networking (Routing, Switching), Firewalling, Automation, and Intrusion Detection domains.
- Experience with Datacenter standards and design, Network component/integration & troubleshooting
- Cisco FTD, Checkpoint, Cisco APIC/ACI, Juniper SRX, Netscreens, F5 (LTM, GTM, APM, AFM), and NDR along with others from a technology and engineering lifecycle perspective.
- Understanding of common networking and routing protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, IPsec, SSL, HTTP, FTP, SSH, BGP with multiple VRs/VRFs, VLANs, MPLS, VPLS, etc), as well as SDN / NFV.
- Firewalls, Load Balancing (F5), and other switching & routing infrastructure.
- Extensive experience in network and/or security design.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, AU
Application Deadline: N/A