Website Qatar Airways
- Validate the testing report for fiber & copper, backbone and distribution cables installed by the vendor.
- Ensure IT process and procedures are followed in line with all established corporate IT policies and ISO 20000 standards for HIA IT services
- Liaise with external suppliers and internal teams involved in both projects and operational maintenance of systems to meet the business requirements
- Ensure preventive maintenance for network components are conducted by the vendor at regular intervals.
- The job demands the holder to be on shift duty or round the clock on-call support to ensure 24×7 smooth operations of IT systems.
- Support Network team in troubleshooting issues related to network infrastructure
- Maintain updated records of the passive cabling in the Cable Management Software (CMS) and associated standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Support the Structured Cabling (copper and Fiber) deployed across the airport by attending to the Incidents, problems as well as performing system administrative activities.
- Any Industry recognized structured cabling certification such as Certified Network Infrastructure Technician (CNIT), Fluke Networks Certified Cabling Test Technician (CCTT) is preferred
- Electronics/ Engineering/ Computer Science Degree or Diploma.
- Minimum 4 years of job-relevant experience required
- ITILv3 Foundation is preferred.
- Hands-on and supervision experience in installing and commissioning of small, medium and large data cabling projects
- Relevant Vocational, Tertiary or Trade qualification.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
Company: Qatar Airways
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Application Deadline: N/A