Website Midcoast Council
You’ll lead a small team of Engineers to deliver projects through initiation, planning, execution and close out phases. We will value your expertise and experience across project, procurement, contract and project budget management. You’ll be focused, results driven and a proven leader with exceptional communication skills to support team development and promote stakeholder relationships.
- Provide effective and efficient project management to successfully deliver public civil infrastructure (predominantly transport assets) within agreed budgets, time frames and service levels.
- Demonstrate expertise in project delivery services including but not limited to project development, milestone reviews and reporting, procurement and tendering, contract administration, budget management, project reporting, project finalisation, project surveillance, stakeholder liaison, program management and project record management.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) – All Council staff are required to adhere to Council’s
EEO policies and procedures.
- Delegations All Council staff are required to comply with the financial and operational delegations issued to them as per Council’s delegations register.
- Other duties within the employee’s skill, competence and training level, as required to meet
- Degree level qualifications in Civil Engineering, Project Management or a similar field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the professional and legislative requirements within the scope of the role, including current Engineering Standards, Local Government Act, Roads Act, Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, Environmental Legislation and related Regulations and Codes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that include the ability to support and coordinate multi discipline groups, influence stakeholders, resolve conflict and negotiate outcomes.
- Well developed written communication skills, including the ability to prepare reports.
- Problem solving skills of a high order.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships and partnerships, both internally and externally, that contribute to the achievement of organisational outcomes.
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive experience and a record of achievement in the coordination and delivery of transport infrastructure project delivery related services, expertise and advice, within financial and time constraints, operating across a diverse organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in budget management.
- Demonstrating experience in coaching and mentoring others in a team.
Company: Midcoast Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Taree, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A