This position also includes fire management which includes but is not limited to, planning and undertaking fire fuel prevention and mitigation programmes within the Tableland Regional Council (TRC) local government area, principally during times in April to October, in line with the TRC five-year burn plan
- Be familiar with and undertake all work in accordance with relevant policy and legislation, including:
- TRC’s Safety Management System – TRC’s Code of Conduct, Council’s Local Laws, Values and Behaviours, the Local Government Act 2009 and Local Government Regulation 2012, Anti-discrimination and Privacy legislation; and
- Comply with all Work Health & Safety Legislation, and other relevant policies, procedures and legislation.
- Provide direction to maintain critical business activities in the event of an unplanned disruption, including but not limited to a disaster.
- Other responsibilities as reasonably expected by Council.
- Fire management certificate (desirable)
- Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management (desirable)
- First Aid certification (desirable)
- Basic knowledge of legislation related to the enforcement of the eradication and control of pest species.
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and concise manner, and effectively negotiate with a wide range of people.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in fire management including liaising with stakeholders and implementing controlled burns.
- Demonstrated experience as a Land Protection Officer and/or experience in the effective identification and control of pest species.
- Strong computer skills with experience in the preparation of reports, plans and location information (mapping) related to pest control.
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation experience with the ability to contribute ideas and work well in a team environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atherton Tableland, Queensland, AU
Application Deadline: N/A