Website Sutherland Shire Council
The purpose of this position is to lead and develop a team of safety and injury management specialists in partnering with customer groups to:
- Be a business facing, solution orientated professional who is able to lead, drive and sustain change in the organisation’s safety culture.
- Understand the safety, health & well-being challenges the business faces and, in partnership, implement proactive solutions.
- Set strategic safety, health & well-being targets and drive the business in the achievement of these targets.
- Maintain, develop and implement the organisation’s Work Health and Safety Management System and Injury Management and Return to Work Framework.
- Provide practical safety and injury management advice and guidance to maintain the organisation’s top-tier self-insurance status.
- Support development and implementation of the organisation’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and mentor a high-performance team focused on strong customer service and values.
- Bachelor’s degree level qualifications in WHS, Injury Management or a related discipline and/or relevant experience
- A current Driver’s Licence Desirable
- Return to Work Coordinator Certificate
- Certificate IV in Workplace Safety
- Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment
- Certificate in Internal and/or Safety Auditing
- Work Safely in the Construction Industry (White Card) certification.
Qualification & Experience:
- Significant experience at a senior leadership level driving safety and injury management outcomes through a business partnering approach aligned with behavioural principles.
- Extensive experience providing specialist guidance and support and contributing to the development and implementation of Work Health & Safety and Injury Management Frameworks and related programs in a complex or industrial environment
Company: Sutherland Shire Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sutherland , New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A