Website Sunshine Coast Council
We are seeking a litigation Solicitor, preferably with employment experience, to provide legal representation and advice to council and its committees, managers and staff in litigation and other disputes. There is a wide variety of quality work and in an average week you will:
- Represent Council in the Planning and Environment Court, including appearing at without prejudice discussions and mediations
- Represent Council in various other disputes including employment matters, commercial disputes, discrimination matters
- Draft and review a broad range of various commercial documents
- Advise on a diverse range of legal issues relating to Local Government.
- You will have demonstrated ability and experience in dispute resolution and the provision of legal advice in negotiating disputes and drafting commercial documents.
- With demonstrated knowledge and experience in dispute resolution and preferably QLD town planning law and P&E proceedings, you will hit the ground running in this role. You will be responsible and motivated, and possess high level written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and excellence in delivery of legal service including tact, integrity and discretion.
- As a requirement of this position, you must hold a current Legal Practising Certificate pursuant to the Queensland Law Society Act and a Current ‘C’ class Drivers Licence. Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of a Criminal History Check.
Company: Sunshine Coast Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nambour, Queensland, Australia.
Application Deadline: N/A