Website Sunshine Coast Council
Design and Placemaking branch provide expert solutions in the planning, development and delivery of urban and open space designs that will support and align to council’s vision and the Sunshine Coast Design strategy.
As a senior member of the Landscape Architectural Services team, you will focus on providing a high level of design expertise, skill and management to allocated projects, as well as supporting the Coordinator and Team Leaders with overall design advocacy, innovation and management of the team.
- Develop and implement master plans for council’s public open space, parks, streetscapes, environmental parks and sports grounds.
- Manage, coordinate and develop concept and detail design plans, construction drawings and specifications for landscape architectural and urban design works.
- Prepare and implement communication plans for community, councillor and external stakeholder engagement, for landscape architectural and urban design works.
- Supervise, coordinate and manage consultants to undertake design projects..
- Liaise and provide professional advice to other council areas, consultants and agencies to ensure co-ordinated design and provision of infrastructure across the Sunshine Coast council region.
- Prepare applications for state and local funding opportunities and grants in relation to recreation facilities and community development projects.
- Have High level verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Demonstrate experience preparing landscape design and contract documentation, specifications, procurement
- Demonstrate ability to prioritise workload and to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Have excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills combined with a willingness to engage with stakeholders to achieve outcomes.
- Possess skills in the use of a variety of public consultation techniques.
- You will be eligible for membership of AILA as a Registered Landscape Architect or equivalent.
Qualification & Experience:
- Documentation, design briefs, contracts and tender packages.
- Have experience in graphics and mapping skills such as CAD, In-Design, sketch-up, Photoshop, Microsoft Office suite
Company: Sunshine Coast Council
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Caloundra, Queensland, Australia.
Application Deadline: N/A