Website Sunshine Coast Council
Design and Place Making branch provide expert solutions and products to facilitate the ongoing management of our civil assets and associated services.
As Civil Designer, you are responsible for assisting the Supervisor, Design Services with the delivery of quality design and documentation for road and stormwater projects that are approved by Council.
- Assist the Supervisor Civil Design and Design Engineers with the delivery of moderately complex, cost effective civil designs and internal and external project reviews
- Undertake key design functions including investigating, researching, analysing, assessing information to determine and/or recommend appropriate course of action that would be compliant with relevant codes.
- Identify project constraints and risks, and with minimum guidance from Senior Designers and Engineers develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and the extent of consultation required during the design development.
- Manage low cost consultant engineering works required to complement assigned designs for delivery, including preparation of design briefs, verifying the designs, approval of variations, the cost estimates and construction documentation.
- Carry out the production of “As Constructed” data for roads and drainage plans using the “ADAC” process.
- Control projects in the design phase and establish priorities for tasks including monitoring workflow for allocated designs.
- Occasional supervision of cadet designers and provide expert advice to less experienced designers
- You will possess an Associate Degree in Civil Engineering, Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Civil), Advanced Diploma in Civil Engineering, Associate Degree in Civil Engineering or Land & Engineering Drafting Certificate (or equivalent).
- You will possess experience in the field of urban and rural roads and civil design, and have sound knowledge of relevant urban and rural road design guidelines and standards including Austroads, Transport and Main Roads, Australian Standards, QUDM, ARR and Queensland Streets.
- You will be competent using computer software for the design of urban and rural roads solutions, including Autocad and 12d model.
Company: Sunshine Coast Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Caloundra, Queensland, Australia.
Application Deadline: N/A