Website Somerset Council
To primarily perform a broad range of physical tasks requiring developed industry skills in a responsible, safe and efficient manner with such tasks to be performed under general supervision by the relevant Foreman and/or Ganger.
- Comply with all workshop maintenance requirements in plant and machinery care and maintenance.
- Carry out works within agreed standards, priorities and time frames set by the relevant Ganger, Foreman, Overseer / Works Coordinator, Works Manager and/or Director Operations.
- Keep and maintain accurate records including but not limited to timesheets, daily work performed, plant maintenance, breakdowns and workplace incidents.
- Perform a broad range of physical tasks requiring developed industry skills.
- Ensure that all necessary plant and materials are efficiently utilised to support work plans in order to maximise performance times.
- Operate and maintain relevant plant, machinery, tools and personal protective equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, standard operating procedures, work methods statements and safety plans.
- Ensure routine inspections and maintenance of relevant plant, machinery, tools and personal protective equipment are carried out at the required frequency.
- Actively participate in, and foster, a team-oriented work environment and work cooperatively with other Council crews.
- Perform any other duties that are reasonably within the competency, skills and training of incumbent as may be directed from time to time by the relevant Ganger, Overseer / Works Coordinator, Works Manager and / or Director Operations to ensure the overall efficiency of the department.
- Represent the Council to the public and members of other organisations in a positive manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of Council information obtained during the course of employment.
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety.
- Safe, practical, efficient and effective use of relevant plant
- Ability to undertake basic checks and minor maintenance on relevant plant
- Use hand and power tools
- General Safety Induction (Construction Industry) White Card or willingness and ability to undertake same
- Working in Proximity to Traffic competency or willingness and ability to undertake same
- Use of small plant and equipment
- Use simple levelling devices
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Carry out basic machine checks and maintenance
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work co-operatively in a team environment
- Ability and willingness to communicate in a positive manner with all staff and the general public providing client assistance
- Willingness to undertake traffic control duties as required
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in general labouring duties associated with road construction and maintenance activities (gravel, concrete, bitumen and asphalt surfaces)
- Experience in operation and maintenance of plant, machinery and tools relevant to the role
- Experience working under traffic control conditions
Company: Somerset Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Somerset, Queensland, AU
Application Deadline: N/A