Responsible for driving best practice in media strategy and investment for regions and business units across the Emirates Group and on the Airline’s major Global Brand initiatives in order to ensure that plans deliver maximum return on media investment. Working with a cross-functional internal team to create integrated OSEP (Owned, Shared, Earned & Paid) communications strategies to effectively address Brand and Tactical objectives, the Media Specialist is responsible for working with local media agencies to develop paid media strategies built on strong consumer insight and relevant data. Proactively support the Media team’s and Global Media Agency’s wider efforts to implement global planning practices consistently across Media agencies in local markets.
- Implement a robust and relevant planning approach across all campaign types to provide the optimum offline and online media mix across upper, mid and lower funnel media. Provide advice and guidance to internal stakeholders from a channel perspective in assigned regions markets/for assigned Business Units.
- Develop integrated paid media strategies that are rooted in consumer insight in order to deliver against the market’s brand/business objectives as defined in briefs developed by the regional MMC. Maintain an overview of other activities in the market across paid media channels such as the DRAO programme, and ensure this information is taken into account when planning campaigns or activities in markets so that cost is minimised and return is optimised.
- Actively work with the Media Agency to ensure all media KPIs (upper, mid and lower funnel) are continually optimised and improved in market and any learnings are implemented in future briefs/planning cycles.
- Maintain compliance to Emirates Group privacy principles and work with the Data Privacy Network Liaison within CCMB to ensure privacy and security of personal data is considered by design and default in all aspects of the role.
- Ensure the implementation of governance of all media activity ensuring transparency, safety and non-fraudulent activities is occurring across its teams and their campaigns at a local level. Identify and escalate governance and fraud issues in local markets for rectification if the issues cannot be resolved locally.
- The ability to work independently, prioritise and time-manage whilst working on several projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines.
- Detailed orientated
- Self-motivated, ability to identify problems and work methodically to solve them.
- Must be familiar with industry-standard media planning tools with a strong understanding of media planning theory/ planning fundamentals
- Excellent skills in communication and consensus building are critical in order to manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders internally and our external agency partners.
- Strong Implementational ability
- High degree of cross channel planning expertise
- Good experience working with 1st party/ 3rd party data to derive consumer insight and also an understanding of how these data points can be operationalised via digital media to drive media efficiencies.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in the airline/travel industry is preferable
- It is preferable to have some Client Side experience or have been actively involved in managing clients in an agency.
- 5 + years experience in Media planning and buying in an Account Management/Associate Director media position in an international media agency.
- Experience and knowledge in digital and new media channels, must know how to advise and plan against them (as well as all traditional channels: TV, Print, Cinema, Outdoor).
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A