Website Singleton Council
Operating from within the Civil Operations Unit, this role and the offsider reporting to it, undertake maintenance duties associated with roadside chemical vegetation management. The position is responsible for the daily coordination and planning of a work team that undertakes the maintenance and management of vegetation in the road reserve and other operational land across the Local Government Area. The position involves a high degree of preparation and maintenance of vehicles, tools and other plant, and the responsibility of managing an offsider. Additionally, it requires a high degree of planning of work and use of mobile technology.
- Provide a high level of service and efficiency managing the chemical vegetation team for Council’s roads undertaking targeted spraying of grass and noxious weeds in the road reserve and council operational land.
- Undertake chemical spraying using a dedicated spray truck to deliver: guidepost, guardrail and road edge spraying, spot or targeted spraying in the urban environment, boom spraying parks and playing fields and spraying of noxious weeds.
- Identify and record defects to be repaired by other council crews when discovered and report to the Road Vegetation Supervisor.
- Record information clearly and concisely, ensuring that the relevant safety records, log books, timesheets, prestart checks, maintenance records and manuals are maintained.
- Lead, support, performance manage and coach staff in undertaking the work and projects of the team.
- Proven ability to use electronic devices such as tablets and computers to record maintenance activities in the field as well as administrative and safety tasks.
- Certificate III in Horticulture or related field or equivalent relevant experience in the management of vegetation in the roadside.
- Proven ability and experience in managing a small team’s performance
- Proven experience consulting, negotiating and influencing key stakeholders across multiple teams to achieve positive outcomes
Company: Singleton Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Singleton, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A