Website Shoalhaven Council
This is a full time 12-month fixed term position 35 hours per week. Located in Nowra Administration Building
The advertised salary is based on the grade of the position, comprising of 4 steps within the range shown. The starting salary is at Step 1 within the grade. Progression through the salary steps shall be based upon the achievement of performance objectives relating to the position.
This is a grade range position, therefore in accordance with qualifications, accreditation, experience and demonstrated skills, the prospective employee will be assessed as either Grade 8, 9, 10 or 11.
- To manage, assess and process development assessments which range in complexity and value.
- Provide for the protection, promotion and improvement of the natural and built environment, and public amenity and safety in order to achieve the objectives of Council’s Community Strategic Plan.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to the public on development related matters.
- Certificate IV in Local Government (Planning) or equivalent, or commitment to undertake this course.
- Advanced Diploma in Building Surveying or a commitment to undertake this course.
- Hold or be eligible to acquire a NSW WorkCover Construction Induction card.
- Class C Driver’s Licence
- Demonstrated working knowledge in the assessment of development applications pursuant to Section 4.15 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act and other related legislation.
- Demonstrated report writing skills, relevant to the assessment of development applications.
- Demonstrated effective time management and prioritisation skills with the ability to balance competing workloads and deliver within deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of use of Microsoft Office applications and other computer and mobile technology
Company: Shoalhaven Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Shoalhaven, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A