Website Shoalhaven Council
This is a permanent, full-time position working 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm) and will be based at the Nowra Administration Building. The advertised salary is based on the grade of the position, comprising of 4 steps within the range shown. The starting salary is at Step 1 within the grade. Progression through the salary steps shall be based upon the achievement of performance objectives relating to the position.
- To engage and communicate with stakeholders and advocate for social infrastructure needs
- Progression from a Grade 9 to a Grade 11 position is subject to competencies being met and increased responsibilities and complexity of tasks being undertaken or managed.
- To develop and implement strategic policies and projects to ensure the provision of programs, assets and infrastructure to improve social outcomes in the community
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant environmental planning legislation and ability to interpret legislation such as the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979
- Experience in a strategic planning environment & knowledge of legislation relevant to strategic planning in a local government context will determining grade placement.
- Completion of or near completion of recognised tertiary qualifications in a field such as recreation planning, regional planning, cultural planning, social or urban and regional or town planning (or related tertiary qualifications), providing eligibility for corporate membership of the Planning Institute of Australia
- Class C Driver’s Licence
- Proof of right to work in Australia
Company: Shoalhaven Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Shoalhaven, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A