Supervises and Leads medium sized/scoped projects assuming entire responsibility from conceptual to detailed design, QA/QC procurement and delivery. He maximizes discipline efficiencies in bidding and execution and achieve significant savings through work transfer to other Work Centres, reduced rework, reduction in quantity growth, reduce material wastage, and execute within budgeted man-hour and project schedules.
- Establish contract requirements for project execution, organize the preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR) and Service Level Agreements (SLA) with other Work Centre’s by identifying requirements and scope of work.
- Verify and conceptualize the optimum work route. Identify a clear scope of work/supply and accordingly plan/schedule the engineering activities and manpower resource. Identify and quantify total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation, format of delivery, time schedules and other requirements for execution of the work.
- Establish the assignment and distribution of manpower for the execution of engineering activities within budgeted project man-hours within SLA. Recommend measures to optimize overall man-hours & execution cost.
- Coordinate with projects and planning on project time schedules, establish target completion dates, ensure target dates are achieved.
- Ensure that the work is apportion among engineering staff within Sharjah and/or other Work Centres according to their specialized training.
- Prepare Design Basis and other Basic Engineering documents such as Block Diagrams, specifications and data sheets related to telecom systems such as Optical fiber transmission & multiplexing, Integrated voice and data networking systems, Public address / closed circuit television systems, security and access control systems etc.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of technical inquiry requests (Inquiry Requisitions) to vendors, participate in the technical evaluation of vendor bid offers. Direct and provide guidance in the Technical Bid Evaluations (TBE), review vendor drawings and documents. Supervise the review of design calculations, ensure vendor equipment specifications meet with client equipment specifications and are within budgeted costs.
- Coordinate the preparation of Purchase Requisitions for the procurement of equipment and materials. Ensure materials are obtained within scheduled timeframes and budgeted costs.
- Meet with vendor representatives, inspect vendor works and workshops when required, provide dispatch clearance and test certificates. Identify irregularities and shortfalls, take corrective action when required.
- Interface and regularly meet with client and vendor representatives, participate in all internal staff meetings, ensure the progress of project in accordance to schedule, allotted man hours and budgeted costs. Coordinate with projects and planning departments on schedule related issues. Update TDR progress reports through the use of PETROCEPT.
- Interact with Quality Assurance for quality issues, strictly ensure compliance with Company’s ISO Quality procedures. Coordinate Internal and Client audit requests, facilitate audit procedures of engineering systems within the department.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A