Website Scenic Rim Council
Our Development Assessment team has an opportunity for an experienced Senior Development Assessment Planner to support and assess development applications and provide advice on town planning, development applications and related matters in line with legislation, planning
schemes, local laws, policies and guidelines
- Process and assess development applications under the Planning Act 2016 (or equivalent) and Regulations, including referral to State Government and other Council Departments, with a Development Planner at Level 6 required to assess applications of a more complex nature (Complexity Type 4 Applications).
- Preparation of full planning certificates and undertaking compliance inspections (with supervision for Level 5 and without supervision for Level
- Verbal advice to applicants regarding development proposals including the provisions of the Town Planning Schemes and Council policy and practices
- Written advice on proposed development applications in accordance with Council’s Planning Schemes.
- Written correspondence in relation to development assessment matters. Technical advice to internal and external customers in relation to Planning Scheme requests.
- Participate in the development and implementation of business improvement strategies to achieve best practice in development assessment processes as they relate to the broader goals of the Planning and Development business unit.
- A tertiary qualification in urban and regional planning, or related field.
- Current Class C (Standard) Driver Licence
- Sound level knowledge of related legislation e.g. Contaminated Land, Heritage Legislation
- High level of Knowledge of town planning legislation, Local Laws, relevant policies and guideline
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in a local government environment is well regarded.
- A Development Planner at Level 5 must have tertiary qualifications and more than 2 years post graduate experience, preferably within a Local Government setting
- A Development Planner at Level 6 must have tertiary qualifications and more than 6 years post graduate experience, preferably within a Local Government setting
Company: Scenic Rim Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Scenic Rim, Queensland, AU
Application Deadline: N/A