Website Rockhampton Regional Council
Lead Rural Operations team in undertaking a wide range of road and stormwater construction and maintenance work including general labouring, road building, pipe laying, concreting, maintaining and operating small machinery and plant operation. You will coordinate and supervise your team’s daily activities, forward plan works and ensure all construction plans, specifications and standards are adhered to.
- Ability to plan and organise tasks/work of a work crew to meet schedules and standards
- Ability to contribute to and uphold Council’s Safety First culture
- A high understanding of the requirements of civil construction and maintenance
- Hold a Construction Industry Induction (White Card)
- Traffic Management Implementation (formerly referred to as Level 2 Traffic Management)
- Ability to legally operate under an “HC” Class Lice
- Leadership skills with a commitment to motivating your team to achieve high work standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with members of the public, co-workers and contractors.
- Safety focussed with very strong knowledge, understanding of, and commitment to WH&S procedures and policies.
Qualification & Experience:
- Substantial experience in civil construction and maintenance
- Leadership qualities and supervisory skills with knowledge and experience in leading a team to success
- Strong communication skills with the ability to problem solve, build relationships with all stakeholders provide the best customer experience
- Licences and experience in Skid Steer Loader (exceeding 2000cc) and Excavator (up to 0.5 cubic metre capacity)
- HC licence, ability to legally operate Skid Steer Loader and Excavator and Traffic Management Implementation with high level of experience in a range of civil construction works, preferably in a leadership capacity.
Company: Rockhampton Regional Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rockhampton, Queensland, AU
Application Deadline: N/A