Website Rockhampton Regional Council
Fitzroy River Water has an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced Treatment Plant Operator to work within the Rockhampton Region.
You will monitor and analyse water and sewage treatment plant processes and the status of other key water and sewerage system assets in accordance with internal operational standards and with national and state guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Record and collate operational and process performance data for internal and external reporting requirements.
- Supervise the unloading and storage of chemicals used in the water and sewage treatment plant process operations.
- Maintain and inventory of treatment chemicals and other high use consumables needed for treatment processes and advise on ordering requirements
- Deliver effective and efficient operation of water and sewage treatment process plants and associated infrastructure.
- Inspect and report the condition of potable water reservoirs, Mount Morgan No. 7 Dam and other supply systems assets.
- Provide monitoring and analysis of water and sewage treatment plant processes in accordance with internal operational standards and with national and state guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Carry out plant inspections, equipment checks and calibrations and regular routine housekeeping and maintenance at treatment plants.
- Operate and monitor an effluent reuse scheme.
- Refer matters that may impact upon the business, Council and employees to the relevant Team Leader, Supervisor, Coordinator or Manager.
- Ability to promote a work environment that supports Council’s ‘Safety First’ approach to maximising employee wellbeing.
- Team Player who can work autonomously and always acts with accountability.
- Ability to work 12 hours shifts and work after hours, be on-call and/or attend to callouts when required.
- Certificate II or higher in Water and/or Sewage Treatment Plant Operation (or related discipline) and experience as an operator of water and sewage treatment plants.
- Certificate II or higher in Water and/or Sewage Treatment Plant Operation with demonstrated experience as an operator in treatment plants.
- Knowledge of key water quality guidelines and regulatory requirements, the fundamentals of water and sewage treatment processes and drinking water supply systems.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of water and wastewater treatment processes and drinking water supply systems.
- Knowledge of key water quality guidelines and regulatory requirements including NH&MRC and State Government administered documents and legislation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and liaise with all key stakeholders ensuring a positive outcome is reached.
Company: Rockhampton Regional Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rockhampton, Queensland, AU
Application Deadline: N/A