Website Al-Futtaim Group
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
- Make independent judgments, often based on interpretation of System and/or local policy or knowledge of various risk disciplines (credit, market, operational, strategic and / or reputational)
- Escalate serious issues without delay to Group Director and GMRM
- Demonstrate a comprehensive and practical understanding of the Group ERM Framework, which encompasses policies, methodologies, metrics, models and reporting dashboards etc., to facilitate the provision of information, analysis, measurement and ongoing monitoring of risk and risk appetite, which in turn will facilitate decision making process.
- Responsible for the active adoption and practice of risk management in accordance with the ERM Framework across the Automotive Division.
- Coordinate with, and assist Risk Champions of Automotive departments during development of risk registers, assessment of risk and formulation of risk treatment strategies.
- Provide feedback on any significant gaps in the capabilities around managing risks
- Make recommendations to Group Risk on factors that will further enhance the ERM Framework.
- Along with the GMRM, conduct ERM education and training on risk management to the businesses within the Automotive Division , and promote active risk management and awareness throughout the Division
- Keep up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world
- Hold the position of Risk Manager for the Automotive business at division level, responsible for championing the implementation of the ERM Framework across the division, and coordinating the Risk Champions for each business within the Automotive division.
- Support the implementation of Group Risk ERM Framework in the Automotive division
- 9-10 years of relevant experience in Enterprise Risk Management, Internal Audit or Corporate Governance preferably within a professional services environment.
- Proven IT skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.). Ability to learn and adopt ERPs and GRC tools; experience/education of an ERP/GRC tool (Cammsrisk) would be an added advantage.
- Language Skills: An exceptional ability in oral and written English.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide if required.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They should be self-reliant with the ability to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to converse confidently with various levels of management.
- Strong business analysis skills and good knowledge of business risks, industry knowledge of the Automotive industry is an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry best practice in risk management, risk assessment techniques, Internal Control frameworks, and risk reporting systems.
- Excellent organizational skills, having the ability to prioritize work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure.
- Behavioural Competencies: Highest level of integrity, tact, professionalism, confidentiality and objectivity
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Risk Management, Commerce or Business Administration. Professional certifications like Chartered Accountancy, Certified Public Accountant or CISA/CRISC may be an added advantage.
- As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Company: Al-Futtaim Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A