To provide a full research service to marhaba on a global level, by identifying, prioritising, designing and managing research projects and analysis by commissioning and supervising the fieldwork, conducting analysis and reporting the findings. By having a full understanding of how the business operates, propose solutions and recommendations that the business can directly implement via presentations of qualitative/timely data to the Senior Management with regard to business opportunities and performance thus ensuring a high quality service to marhaba
- Facilitate and coordinate research for local subsidiaries of marhaba
- Co-ordinate with external research consultants and provide information which will be utilised to enhance surveys conducted and summarise/distribute results in order to provide Senior Management with feedback that needs to be reviewed and implemented in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage, prioritise and implement research requirements of research projects to support marhaba’s global growth, to ensure that pressing research issues are investigated and analysed and that findings and proposed recommendations are presented to Senior Management for their immediate consideration and action. Manage the costs on each project to ensure they are within the annual budget. Monitor and check the distribution and scheduling of surveys to ensure that respondents are not targeted more than once on the same day.
- Play an active role in the preparation of the annual budget and tracking expenditure on an on-going basis.
- Create and monitor a comprehensive database on customer and competitor profile
- Develop and maintain research links with established research and business bodies to ensure maximum benefit in furthering our corporate research capabilities.
- Represent dnata and marhaba in activities within the research and travel industries (e.g. Market Research Society, ESOMAR, IATA) to ensure we remain at the forefront of developments in these fields. Liaise with external research consultants and gain information in order to keep abreast with new research techniques and software applications that will benefit dnata and marhaba
- Have a full understanding of dnata and marhaba local and global subsidiaries, and be the central point of contact for research encompassing the global network.
- Identify, prioritise and develop research projects to support the end user department, link findings from various sources to enrich the data and present actionable recommendations to all levels within the business unit. Develop the annual research budget and plan. Set, monitor and develop key performance indicators.
- The jobholder must possess strong communication skills: the ability to prepare written reports and present findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team. Should also possess good negotiating abilities to deal with external suppliers.
- Market research experience out of which 3 years in a supervisory position, managing staff and suppliers, preferably with an airline or travel related industry.
- Market Research techniques, good knowledge of MS packages such as MS Excel, MS Access and an understanding of statistical software such as Statistical Product and Service Solutions (SPSS). Should have knowledge and interest in human behaviour
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A