Website Qatar Airways
The Regional Manager Cargo Compliance would be responsible to provide a wide array of Cargo Security & Safety Compliance and will ensure that the rules and regulations of Qatar Airways Cargo are closely followed in the region. Primary responsibilities will include; ensuring regional adherence to QR compliance, safety & security standards, development, implementation and review of standards and operating procedures to ensure continuous compliance with regulatory authorities and local government bodies.
- You will serve as the focal point of contact for the Africa Region for any Compliance & Operational discrepancies and should be available for unscheduled travel to any location within the region.
- Part of your job also includes, performing audit preparation, administration of AQD’s, creating & delivering cargo safety & security awareness training programs and evaluation of new stations will be required at times.
- Coordination and collaboration with other stations and stake holders will also be necessary
- You will be required to communicate succinct analytical and persuasive reports, observations and recommendations to department leadership as well as establishing and growing effective internal / external relationships that promote the safety and security of personnel, information, operations and assets in the region.
- You will establish and manage a risk assessment approach to operational management of the stations and a region as a whole.
- Ensure constant proactive assessment of the risks and continued mitigation to improvement. Approach, methodology, assessment and delivery to be aligned with Cargo HDQ standards and procedures.
- You should be very familiar with the African cultural and have a good understanding of the challenges of operating in various different kinds of legal and cultural operating environments.
- You will be self-driven and results-oriented individual capable of effectively working multiple tasks concurrently.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal relations, and cross-cultural awareness is required, as is the ability to articulate and present concise and risk-managed security / safety recommendations in a timely manner.
- To be successful in this role, you will need to hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and have a minimum of 5 years’ of Security and/or Safety management, compliance and preventative measures experience within Aviation, Logistics or Cargo Forwarder.
- You must have proven expertise in ensuring compliance and security standards for a large Airline Cargo operations or cargo handling / warehouse operation and be up to date with all necessary regulations.
- Auditing and compliance qualification will be an advantage. Knowledge of contractual understanding, and SGHA knowledge would be preferred.
Company: Qatar Airways
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A