Website Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
We’re looking for people passionate about the public sector and its future, and welcome candidates from the public sector (Commonwealth, state, local), the private sector or the community sector. Skills and attributes required across all roles include:
- Service delivery across Australian communities;
- Public sector engagement with business;
- Digital and data transformation and investment;
- Whole-of-enterprise level organisational strategy and governance;
- Positioning the APS as a workforce with the capabilities to meet future challenges; and/or
- Uplifting policy advice capability across the APS in close collaboration with the APS Academy and partner agencies.
- The ability to think at a system-wide level and solve complex problems
- The ability to work flexibly in a team and quickly pick up and manage specific projects based on operational need
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills (the ability to communicate using visual communication tools, including PowerPoint is also valued, but not critical), including the ability to engage confidently with senior stakeholders
- Great interpersonal skills, including the ability to work through a large network of government agencies to inspire change
- Determination and the ability to navigate ambiguity and translate high level conceptual outcomes into tangible next steps and deliverables
- Experience in change management and/or implementation of complex policies or projects would be highly regarded.
- Your background may include policy, project design and delivery, data, change management or consulting.
Company: Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Russell, Australian Capital Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A