A key role providing support to the NBD Trading team in the day to day operations and expansion of the department.
The New Business Development team was established as a key strategic initiative to introduce services into our stores. As a function we continually look to enhance our in-store experience in ways that engage our customers in the excitement and fun of shopping at Primark.
- Drives own development, seeking opportunities to build experience and knowledge to enhance capability and support to the NBD team
- Contribute ideas for new business initiatives and efficiencies in the operation of the department
- Produces reports so that sales figures can be accurately analysed and assist in the completion of all company submits
- Develop ‘Store Profile’ for NBD Services – help to drive localised strategies & understand the customer within our current estate & beyond
- Identifies and communicates current and future trading opportunities to the Trading Manager
- Provides the necessary systems support to enable the efficient operation of trading across the department
- Drive trade targets, measures of success & apply team strategy, awareness of key commercial levers
- Through analysis identifies and communicates trading risks to the Trading Manager
- Develops an understanding of how different functions work together to deliver Primark’s goals and to support the NBD team
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office suite [including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint]
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a pro-active approach.
- Minimum of 2 years’ Assistant Merchandiser or relevant experience in a fast-paced customer focused retail environment.
- Have a good level of business acumen, sound common sense and a genuine interest in the retail industry.
- Excellent planning, organising and co-ordinating skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, high level of energy and a positive can-do attitude.
- Strong analytical skills.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A