Website Port Stephens Council
You’ll play a key and essential role in preparing and implementing operational plans for behavioural and educational programs, coordinating the Local Traffic Committee and applying appropriate guidelines to design, promote, implement and evaluate, community road safety programs in line with funded TfNSW Local Government Road Safety Program and Council objectives.
- Analyse and monitor road crash statistics to identify road safety problems and locations for the purposes of developing strategies for educational and behavioural road safety programs.
- Prepare and implement operational plans for behavioural and educational programs.
- Apply appropriate guidelines to design, promote, implement, monitor and evaluate community road safety programs in line with funded
- Transport for NSW Local Government Road Safety Program and Council objectives.
- Support the continuation of road safety awareness throughout the community as well as through Council’s activities and programs.
- Responsibility for the coordination of the Local Traffic Committee.
- Provide technical traffic advice to internal and external customers.
- Assessment and approval of temporary road closure applications and traffic management plans with road works and events.
- Management of contractors for minor projects, maintenance, investigation, and service delivery
- Developed written and oral communication skills.
- Competence in computer systems including spreadsheets.
- Have completed the General Induction for Construction Work in NSW.
- Class C Motor Vehicle Drivers Licence.
- Ability to design and implement community educational road safety programs at the local level.
- Ability to effectively work individually and in a team environment with minimal supervision and to have high level time management, organisational and project management skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma of Traffic and Transport Planning or Civil Engineering, or substantial experience in traffic.
- Road Safety Audit qualifications and experience
- Experience working with community groups.
- Tertiary qualifications or relevant experience in the areas of behavioural sciences, marketing, education, health promotions or other road safety areas.
Company: Port Stephens Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Stephens, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A