Situated in the Central West of NSW, only 3 ½ hours west of Sydney, Orange is a vibrant and diverse place to live, offering all the benefits of a busy city life in the calm of a regional location. With award winning restaurants and wineries and a vibrant and ever-expanding arts, cultural and music scene you can have the best of both worlds, all within a short drive from your front door.
Orange City Council is committed to making a positive contribution to both our region and our local community. With around 600 employees, we take pride in being both for and part of the Orange community. Our aim – to make Orange a better place to live today and tomorrow.
- Leading and managing the development of the Business Continuity Plan (BCP), Business Impact Analysis and BCP testing program
- Provide strategic advice on risk in change processes to address and mitigate risks and impacting risk matters at the beginning of projects or as a result of new business initiatives
- Leading, establishing and managing a risk management framework for Orange City Council through the implementation of an Enterprise Risk Management Program
- Lead and manage the Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee, including the preparation of Papers and management of actions.
- Lead the development, implementation, and review of Council’s risk management and governance systems (includes delegations, audits risks, policies, delegations).
- Experience in building a successful risk culture that achieves compliance and drives strategic objectives to deliver organisational goals
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with proven success in developing programs of work that establish priorities, deliver desired outcomes and meet deadlines
- Tertiary Degree Qualifications in risk management, commerce, accounting, finance, business, governance, law or related discipline
- Proven experience in leading risk management across a diverse and complex organisation
- Influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to lead group discussions, present information to a variety of audiences and provide training to a range of staff
- Ability to obtain a satisfactory criminal records check
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orange, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A