Website Northern Beaches Council
Reporting to the Team Leader Building Control, the Senior Building Surveyor is to responsible for the assessment and issue of determinations and certificates (including Construction Certificates and Building Information Certificates) associated with development consents, applications and unauthorised works and assist the Team Leader to mentor staff in the staff on Building Certification matters.
- Develop, review and manage Building Control services that achieve statutory, corporate and agreed service delivery objectives
- Provide exceptional customer service advice, direction, guidance and support, specifically in relation to Building Approval matters.
- Assessment and issue of determinations and certificates (including Construction Certificates and Building Information Certificates) associated with development consents, applications and unauthorised works including:
- Statements of conditions of approval or reasons for refusal,
- Ensuring compliance with relevant planning legislation, the Building Code of Australia, associated Australian Standards and Council policies.
- Assess and determine Complying Development Certificates in accordance with delegation, accreditation and in accordance with statutory timeframes.
- Perform the functions and responsibilities of a Principal Certifying Authority.
- Inspection and management of development works, which have been subject to consent, and issue of relevant certificates as required.
- Carry out swimming pool inspections and issue swimming pool compliance certificates or exemptions under the Swimming Pool Act 1992.
- Comment on Development Applications through the internal referral system in accordance with delegation, accreditation and set timeframes
Company: Northern Beaches Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A