We’re looking for a Senior Statutory Planner to contribute to the ongoing operation of a successful, coordinated planning approvals service for Nillumbik. You will facilitate appropriate development and land use outcomes for the Shire by administering the Nillumbik Planning Scheme and all relevant Acts, while providing sound professional town planning advice to customers of the unit.
- Prepare and present on behalf of Council, evidence and submissions to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal, Panels and other forums in support of Council’s decision or position on planning proposals or issues.
- Effectively and efficiently manage a caseload of less complex to medium complexity planning applications and assessments in a timely and effective manner.
- Contribute to the enforcement of the provisions and requirements of the Nillumbik Planning Scheme.
- Establish working relationships that support a collaborative working environment.
- Fosters and builds relationships at all levels throughout the organisation.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, the provisions of planning legislation to all customers, including members of the community, Council officers, Government departments/agencies, and Councillors.
- Proven ability to prepare and complete concise, well-structured and grammatically correct reports and correspondence on planning matters and issues.
- Work as an effective team member and assist other staff with matters to ensure a high level of customer service and service delivery output is maintained.
- A strong knowledge of the Victorian Planning and Environment Act 1987 and planning processes.
- Experience interpreting and applying planning schemes, policies, legislation and regulations.
- Proven ability to identify potentially complex problems and circumstances, identify key issues and possible solutions and make consistent decisions based on a clear and logical analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations in relation to planning disputes.
- Well-developed time management skills and a proven ability and commitment to customer service principles and a demonstrated ability to provide a professional service to a diverse range of clients.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nillumbik, Victoria, AU
Application Deadline: N/A