Website Newcastle Council
The Solutions Architect is accountable for ensuring new systems and products fit the existing enterprise environment. Specifically, the role develops the entire end to end solution blueprint and acts as a source of guidance and control for the solution implementation. Once implemented the Solution Architect will be regularly consulted for governance and design improvements. The role is an integral part of the IT service unit, mapping all business requirements to technical requirements and the enterprise architecture plan.
- Review, interpret and respond to detailed business requirements and specifications to ensure alignment between customer expectations and current or future IT capability.
- Provide input into the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the enterprise architecture and maximise the return on technology investment.
- Within the agreed enterprise architecture, define and design technology solutions to assist CN in meeting their strategic vision.
- Ensure all designs align with the design authority and enterprise architecture standards.
- Ensure that appropriate tools and methods are available, understood and employed in architecture development.
- Develop, test and implement technology solutions as well as report on delivery commitments to ensure solutions are implemented as expected and to agreed timeframes.
- Design solutions that best fit the environment, considering how all parts of the business model work together including processes, operating systems and application architecture.
- Confirm solutions are designed and implemented in a way to ensure both technical compliance and profitability.
- Demonstrated understanding of technology, architecture, operations and key business processes.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Ability to effectively engage and influence senior business and IT stakeholders.
- Excellent negotiation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related qualification, and/or demonstrated capability through past employment experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical experience of enterprise architecture frameworks and IT governance and information management frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in development of systems architecture.
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps enabling technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with design and oversight of the implementation of high volume, highly available client facing solutions.
Company: Newcastle Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A