Website Newcastle Council
The Coordinator Learning & Literacies creates a culture where the team of specialists are empowered to deliver on children’s, early literacy, digital and intergenerational literacy and learning outcomes to meet community needs; coordinates library engagement with Newcastle’s learning communities; and stimulates the intrinsic motivation and passion needed to create a community of lifelong learners. The role is core to fulfilling the objectives of the Community Strategic Plan, the Library Strategy, and the library commitments to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Actively contribute to the forward planning processes and the strategic leadership of the Newcastle Libraries, and cross departmental reporting and analytics.
- Lead and develop the Learning & Literacies team focussed on exceptional customer service to all members of the community delivered in multi-modal customer service and learning environments.
- Lead and develop a collaborative culture of lifelong learning across the service and community with an emphasis on service improvement, innovation, and people centred service delivery.
- Lead delivery and reporting on Digital Inclusion, Workforce Development, Early Literacy and Lifelong Learning program areas for all ages and demographics aligned to the National and State Library Outcomes Framework.
- Work collaboratively with the Collection Management team to develop and evaluate the children’s, youth, and learning collections and online study resources, and implement community driven collections practices to ensure relevance to Newcastle’s learning communities.
- Develop strong community partnerships across schools and adult learning providers, the business community and community servic providores to leverage skill sharing and professional development opportunities to deliver wider collective community impact.
- Actively contribute to the integrated customer-centred service model by providing frontline service deliver online, telephone and face to face library services, including rostered evenings and weekend work across Newcastle Libraries branches.
- Extensive customer-focussed experience on direct service delivery specialising in library, learning or literacy outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability in undertaking research, planning, development, implementation and evaluation of learning or literacy programs.
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role developing a cohesive team with an outcome’s focus; and ability to lead multi-disciplinary projects across teams.
- Tertiary qualifications in Library and Information Sciences, Community Development, Education or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated excellent negotiation, interpersonal, time management and project management skills; and the ability to determine priorities and manage competing demands.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills with experience in the preparation and presentation of oral and written material to a diverse range of audiences and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and adapt current services for future needs.
Company: Newcastle Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A