The Senior Infrastructure SME Cloud will be the key Linux SME/Architect for supporting nbn’s Linux environment within the Data Centres and Public Cloud.This position is the Subject Matter Expert for Linux and will be based around supporting the Linux design, build and automation to provide for a secure, resilient, and scalable infrastructure platform. Some of the key accountabilities in this role will be:
- Design Linux solutions compliant with client requirements and security standards
- Manages the Linux OS and SOE across Data Centres and Public Cloud as Subject Matter Expert
- Provide Third Level Support (before Vendor Escalation) on Unix/Linux (RHEL) Operating Systems.
- Participate in Major Incidents as needed when Linux expertise is required.
- Delivery of Capacity Planning and Release Management of the Linux platform – drive and execute necessary patches and upgrades
- Run the platform” providing to the business a secure, stable, resilient infrastructure for running core business.
- Perform Periodic and Preventative Maintenance operational tasks
- Implementation of automation tools in provisioning and management
- On-Job Training and Mentoring
- Patch Management for Linux – Satellite and Spacewalk
- Winbind/DNS/ AD
- Operating Systems secure configuration and CIS baseline
- Multi-Tier Storage
- Backup and Restore Infrastructure and software
- SOE / OS Provisioning
- Linux automation – Scripting & Ansible
- Capacity Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, AU
Application Deadline: N/A