The position will be responsible for the processing the Museum’s fortnightly pay run, providing payroll advice and transactional support to the Museum’s internal and external stakeholders along with assisting the Payroll Lead with the development and implementation of payroll processes and strategies, streamlining current processes and any other payroll related tasks and projects.
- Produce and prepare fortnightly, month end, year end and ad-hoc reporting.
- Assist with system and process improvements.
- Assist with developing, implementation, forecasts, and driving the strategic direction, performance and sustainability of the payroll function.
- Liaise with the People and Culture team to ensure payroll processes are in accordance with individual employment agreements, and legislative requirements.
- Preparation and processing of the fortnightly pay run and general ledger.
- Processing employee commencement, termination and variation data into the payroll system.
- Checking and processing timesheets, allowances, leave requests, deductions, pay adjustments, etc.
- Reconcile leave and final payment entitlements.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures to meet internal and external audit requirements.
- Fulfil the key competencies of the classification of this position as defined and described by the Integrated Leadership System (ILS)
- Any other lawful and reasonable request made within this position.
- Demonstrated high attention to detail ensuring entry and maintenance of accurate data and records.
- Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to work autonomously.
- A solid understanding of payroll processes, procedures and Australian payroll related legislation.
- bility to interpret employment contract terms, Enterprise agreements, Awards and relevant employment legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver required outcomes and meet deadlines.
- Ability to build positive relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A