Website Moonee Valley Council
Reporting to the Senior Coordinator Advocacy, Grants and Engagement, the position will see you leading the development and design of community engagement initiatives. You will work across the organisation to achieve meaningful community engagement with local community stakeholders to harness community knowledge, ideas and energy, in a manner that empowers people to influence community decision. Your team are focused on ensuring that the voices of our community are echoed in advocating for change and to attract resources for Moonee Valley.
- Maintain, implement and support the organisation to utilise public-facing engagement tools including online engagement platforms
- Develop processes, systems and structures that gain and maintain cooperation amongst a range of stakeholders and;
- Undertake research and identify appropriate evidence informed community engagement methodologies that will improve outcomes and community participation in Council’s planning processes.
- Hold, or be working towards the IAP2 Certificate in Engagement;
- A tertiary qualification in communications, community planning, community development, social policy or a related field;
- Sound knowledge of project management, the value of community engagement and participation, particularly diversity and social inclusion within Local, State and Commonwealth government;
Company: Moonee Valley Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A