Website Moonee Valley Council
This senior position will see you contributing to high-quality commercial decision-making regarding Council-owned and/or managed properties. You will undertake designated operational and statutory duties with emphasis on management of leases/licences, sales and acquisitions and administrative matters relating to Council’s property portfolio.
- Assess Council’s property portfolio and provide options to optimise the use and financial return balanced against community benefit;
- Develop, negotiate, implement and administer leases, licence and other agreements;
- Liaise and act as a key contact with commercial, large-scale and community tenants in relation to leasing matters;
- Manage expression of interest processes for exiting and new commercial opportunities;
- Draft reports and recommendations to Council’s Executive Leadership Team;
- Administer acquisitions in accordance with legislative requirements and Council policies; and,
- Investigate, report and resolve property-related issues.
- Tertiary qualification in property management or a related discipline and/or relevant work experience, preferably in a local government environment;
- Knowledge and understanding of property theory, practices, guidelines and legislation and practical experience relating to this position;
- Proven ability and performance in strategic property management; and,
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present reports associated with land and built asset acquisitions, disposal and lease arrangements.
Company: Moonee Valley Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A