Website Monash Council
Located in the heart of Melbourne’s leafy eastern suburbs, the City of Monash is one of the most culturally diverse cities in Victoria. It has a mix of high quality residential, commercial and industrial development and extensive educational and recreational facilities.
A vacancy exists for a motivated person to work in the Horticultural Services Department as part of the Sportsground Maintenance team as a turf wicket and sportsground curator.
- Scheduled maintenance of sports fields including wicket renovation and preparation, maintenance of sports fields and seasonal change over activities
- Regular communication and feedback of sports field condition, with a proactive work ethic
- Formal qualification at Certificate 3 level in turf management or equivalent and relevant experience and/or skills commensurate with the work requirements will be considered
- Ability to identify, prevent and rectify nutritional/soil deficiencies as well as seasonal pest, weed and fungal problems as they occur
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- A pleasant demeanour and able to build successful relationships in a small yet energetic team environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in Turf management, preferably on turf wickets but not essential, and an ability to give direction, as well as work autonomously
- Experience in the practices and processes involved in the annual planning and delivery of turf wicket and sports field cultural/nutrition programs
Company: Monash Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A