Website Monash Council
The Gender Diversity & Equity Coordinator plays a key role in the Community Strengthening team and works collaboratively across Council to lead and develop policies, strategies, programs and practices that work towards achieving gender equality and LGBTIQA+ inclusion both as an organisation and across the Monash community.
- Develop strategic partnerships at all levels of the organisation to coordinate, implement and deliver the gender equity and LGBTIQA+ portfolios across Council.
- Provide leadership to Council on gender equity requirements and effective strategies to meet legislative requirements under the Gender Equality Act 2020 and drive positive change in workplace culture.
- Be responsible for Council to work towards the Rainbow Tick Accreditation and the associated standards and practices required.
- Work closely with leaders and employees to embed an organisational culture that understands and demonstrates gender equity and LGBTIQA+ inclusion in their behaviours and decision making
- Tertiary qualifications in social sciences, health promotion, community development, public policy or related disciplines, with a sound understanding of frameworks for the primary prevention of violence against women, gender equity and LGBTIQA+ inclusion, with several years of related experience
- All successful applicants will be required to undertake a national police check. Other pre-employment checks may be required depending on the role requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Considerable experience in project management, leading diverse, multi-disciplinary groups and delivering collaborative innovative and quality outcomes with demonstrated skills in dealing with management and Councillors, delivering advice in public forums and developing good working relationships across Council with a proven understanding of service delivery principles and effective means of delivery
- Work collaboratively with and support projects across the organisation that progress Gender Equity and LGBTIQA+ inclusion across the organisation & within the community
Company: Monash Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A