Website Monash Council
Monash is a dynamic organisation committed to providing excellence in service delivery. Located in the eastern region, Monash is a cosmopolitan and culturally diverse city, close to the demographic centre of Melbourne.
A vacancy exists for a motivated person to work in the Horticultural Services Department as part of the Sportsground Maintenance team, working as a tractor/machinery operator
- Scheduled maintenance of sports fields including mowing and turf management practices
- Regular communication and feedback of sports field condition, with a proactive work ethic
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, and the ability to prioritise works based on customer needs and the Monash Sportsground Hierarchy
- A pleasant demeanour and able to build successful relationships in a small yet energetic team environment
- Ability to identify, prevent and rectify nutritional/soil deficiencies as well as seasonal pest, weed and fungal problems as they occur
- Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Farm Chemical Users Certificate
- All successful applicants will be required to undertake a national police check. Other pre-employment checks may be required depending on the role requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in the practices and processes involved in the annual planning and delivery of a sports field cultural/nutrition program
- Experience in Turf management and an ability to give direction, as well as work autonomously
- Formal qualification at Certificate 3 level in turf management or equivalent and relevant experience and/or skills commensurate with the work requirements will be considered.
Company: Monash Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A